There are more than 60 immigration categories available to persons seeking permanent residence in Canada.
As of January 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has launched a new immigrant selection system called Express Entry that allows Citizenship and Immigration Canada to select the highest-ranking applicants. If candidates meet the minimum requirements under one of the following programs, they may be able to submit an application to the Express Entry pool:
- Federal Skilled Workers and Professionals
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class, and
- Applicable Provincial Nominee Programs
Other Immigration Programs
- Immigration to Quebec under the Skilled Worker Program and Business Programs
- Business Immigration under Provincial Nominee Programs
- Self-Employed Program
- Spouse, Common-law Partner, or Conjugal Partner Sponsorship
- Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents
- In-home Caregivers
- Provincial Nominees
- Application on Humanitarian & Compassionate Grounds (H&C)
For further information regarding any of the above-listed programs, to find out if you qualify under any of the categories, or to learn how to prepare to become qualified for one, please contact us.